Prayer

Monday, January 26, 2009

Hidden Assignment

List 2-3 specific goals you have for this course.
1. I want to be able to understand basic psychological theories.
2. I want to feel more comfortable about teaching on my own in a classroom.
3. I want to know more strategies I can use in order to manage my classroom.

Describe your weekly preparation plan. Be specific. What will you do each day of the week to prepare for this course.
1. First I will feel out the What, so what, now what, right after class so I can summarize what we talked about while it is still fresh in my mind to refer back to later in the week.
2. Then on Thursday I plan on reading the chapter for the next class.
3. Next on Saturday I want to review my what, so what, now what and my study guide in order to brush up on what we learned the previous week and what we are going to talk about this upcoming class.

Outline the study strategies that you will use to understand the material.
1. The form I find the most helpful when learning something new is by first glancing or familiarizing myself with the new material. Then I start to read. While I am reading I like to try visualizing myself in that situation and if I can’t visualizing I try acting it out. If there are no moments for me to visualize then I have to imagine myself teaching this subject to some one else as I review what the book said out loud. I also find that if I don’t know what one word is that I have to look it up or else my mind can’t focus on the rest of it. Then after I have reviewed it either through imagery or through verbalization I try to write it down a summary in my own words to come back and review another day.

Explain the process you will follow if you do not understand a topic.
If a topic is foreign to me I liked to search for information about it on ask.com because they seem to have the most reliable information. I also like to use them because they offer pictures and simple definitions so I don’t have to search through millions of sites to find what I am looking for. Then if I am still iffy on the topic then I ask people around me about it.

Complete the following statement:
I will reach my goals in this course by Staying on task and by not procrastinating my home work.

No comments:

Post a Comment