Prayer

Monday, January 26, 2009

Web Quset Final Reflection



What?

I have learned that there are tow different types of research the first is where you observe something happening in its own natural environment, and the second is where you change something with in you experiments. An advantage to using Descriptive research is that you are able to see a situation for what it is. Then if you use correlational research you are able to achieve a more detailed experiment because you are looking at one thing with in the basic situation. On the flip side when you look at Experimental or Action research you are able to manipulate the situation to achieve a desired out come. On top of manipulating an experiment Action research also allows you to manipulate your classroom or school so you can see the immediate results of your research.

So What?

Although this information is interesting, it is also beneficial because it allows you to understand that even though one form of research might be useful in one area doesn’t mean that it is the best type of research to use in every area. Like with the maps of Utah we looked at in class, each map contains different information, for example one map contained all counties but didn’t include the roads so some one who wanted to drive from Salt Lake to Beaver wouldn’t know which road to follow. Like wise if I wanted detailed information about what I could change in my class to improve their comprehension of a movement phrase I wouldn’t use the Descriptive research method.

Now What?

Although I now understand those four styles of research I know that there are tons more styles that I am not familiar with. I also know that if I were to implement Active research with in my class room that I would have to find out more about the policies in the school I work at so I don’t cross a line that shouldn’t be crossed. I do however, believe that reviewing my lessons after each class to see how various activities where received is definitely expectable and beneficial. Especially whole I am still knew and trying to figure out a good flow in which I am able to keep my class interested while still teaching my standards and objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment